Today has been an extreamly long day... in theory. I guess I should be tired but I'm way hyper! We were at the Junction airport for a while before we checked in. There was this one girl (Alicia) who had like 20 family members with her to say goodbye. I had 1!!
The flight to Phoenix was very bumpy. I sat in the big 5-row in the back. Orion (a 13 year old boy), was doing this rubix cube and it was amazing to watch. He could do it in like 2 minutes and even mix-match the colors.
In Phoenix, we had 4 hours to kill, so my first group (you always had to be in groups of 4) went to get overpriced pizza ($9 for a personal pan), and then to Starbucks. Later, Maggie and I went with Orion and Shane to get soft pretzles. I sware, we walked like a mile on those walking sidewalks going from gate A1 to the very last terminal. My legs still hurt!!! (At the LAX airport). We also explored the airport with the whole delegation (only 11 people at that point).
The Phoenix to LA flight was short and descent. I sat by Devon and Orion again and read most of the way. The LAX airport is HUGE!!! We had to go out of the airport, onto this bus, check in again, and got through security...again!!! It took about 45 minutes! OMG!!
The other half (of the GJ delegation) got delayed, so they aren't going to make this flight to Sydney and will probably miss the first day of activities.
I'm having so much fun saying "There is no tomorrow". We will NEVER, experiene June 9, 2008!!! (This was before the flight. It ended up being June 9 for 4 minutes before we crossed the dateline, so yes we did experience it, but it was the shortest day ever.)
The flight we have to Sydney is a freakin double decker plane!!!! I figure that 1st class is on the top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment